The Perfect Weekend Brunch Recipe: Cider Apple Pancakes
Cider for breakfast anyone? If you love cider and have a soft spot for pancakes, why not put them together? If you're looking to go all out for a weekend brunch, our fluffy cinnamon and cider pancakes topped with sticky apple sauce are a match made in heaven. Our Castledore Cider adds a beautiful fluffy lightness to these american style pancakes and guarantees to kick start your day perfectly. This boozy pancake recipe is so good, you'll be making them for breakfast every day of the week!
Read the recipe below to make these at home.
For the batter:
250g plain flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
250ml Fowey Valley Castledore Cider
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
125g shredded apples
For the topping:
2 to 3 apples
110g packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat a pan over medium heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add shredded apples and stir to coat with flour mixture.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon, making sure to not overmix as the batter should be lumpy.
5. Pour the batter into the pan. Cook them until you see air bubbles appearing around the edge and toward the center. Flip and cook for about 2 more minutes.
6. Place pancakes on a large plate and cover with aluminum foil each time you add to the stack to keep them warm.
7. To make the topping, melt the butter in a pan and add the apple chunks. Keep cooking and stirring until the apples are soft but not mushy. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and cook until sugar melts into a syrup.
8. Remove from the heat and top the pancakes with the sauce. Enjoy!
Shop our award-winning ciders here.